- FREE GROUND SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $100.
- FREE RETURNS ON ALL CLOTHING.
Where are your Beauty products made?
Our Candle Collection is made in Canada. The Bath & Body Collection, the Fine Fragrances and the Laundry Delicate are made in the United States.
What is your most popular fragrance?
Cleopatra is our most popular scent across almost all categories. Among our Eau de Parfum, Cleopatra, Stella and Florence are equally popular.
Do you test on animals?
Tocca does not test any of our products on animals.
What are your most popular candle scents?
Our top candle scents are: Cleopatra, Stella, Tahiti, Grace and Havana.
What scents are best paired together? This is truly a personal choice but a few options of the many are: Yma with Kyoto, Grace with Havana & Montauk with Isabella.
How long do the Candela burn?
Approximate burn time is 60 hours. Our Candela have a high concentration of fragrance oils and should not burn for more than four hours at a time.
How long do the Candelina burn?
Approximate burn time is 20 hours. Our Candelina have a high concentration of fragrance oils and should not burn for more than two hours at a time.
What type of wax is used for the Candle Collection?
We use a proprietary paraffin wax blend that includes natural vegetable wax.
What kind of wick do you use?
TOCCA uses an all-cotton wick. The candle will burn more efficiently if the wick is trimmed to ¼” after each use. Do not allow the trimmings to amass in the candle.
My candle seems to be “sweating,” is this normal?
Sweating is completely natural when a candle is in extreme temperatures (Hot or Cold). It will still burn cleanly.
Do your candles tunnel?
If burned properly and in the appropriate environment, our candles will not tunnel. For the Candela size, we suggest burning the candle for no less than 2 hours, but no more than 4 at one point. For the Candelina size, we suggest allowing the candle to burn for no less then 1 hour, but no more then 2 due to its size. By following these instructions, it should burn cleanly to the glass.
After my candle has burned, black soot appears on the glass. What can I do about this?
The appearance of black soot on the glass may sometimes occur. However, to minimize the likelihood of this happening, we recommend the following: trim the wick after each use and ensure the candle is not in the line of a wind draft. If soot does occur, then simply clean it off the glass with a damp cloth (water alone will suffice). Do NOT use a flammable liquid or one containing alcohol to aid in cleaning.
My candle is not a pure white color, but has a yellow hue to it. Is this ok?
Yes, a few of our candle scents come in shades of yellow, peach and cream due to the type of fragrance oil being used.
My candle has gotten dusty from non-use. How can I safely clean it?
For best results, dampen a soft cloth with water and simply wipe the top. This will clean the top of the candle safely. Do NOT use any flammable liquid or alcohol-based cleanser.
What scents are included in the Candele da Viaggio travel candle set?
The Candele da Viaggio features four votives in assorted floral and citrus fragrances. These scents are: Kyoto (Kinmokusei Flower with Peach Nectar), Cleopatra (Grapefruit and Cucumber), Havana (Sugarcane and Rum) and Grace (Casablanca Lily).
What's the best way to burn a TOCCA Candle?
- TOCCA candles have a high concentration of fragrance oils and should not burn more than four hours at a time.
- Trim candlewicks to 1/4 inch each time before burning.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.
- Always place the candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface. This will also prevent possible heat damage to counters and table surfaces and prevent glass containers from cracking or breaking.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents, ceiling fans, and air currents. This will help prevent rapid, uneven burning, and avoid flame flare-ups and sooting. Drafts can also blow lightweight curtains or papers into the flame where they could catch fire.
- Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room.
- Don't burn a candle all the way down. Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the holder or container. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 2 inches of wax remains or 1/2 inch if in a container.
- Never touch a burning candle or move a votive or container candle when the wax is liquid.
- Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder. It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.
What is the bottle made out of?
Our Eau de Parfum comes in a beautiful cut glass, Italian-made bottle with heavy embossed gold-colored cap. The bottle was inspired by vintage, 1920s cognac bottles.
Is there alcohol in your eau de parfum?
Does your eau de parfum use essential oils?
We use fragrance oils rather than essential oils in our Eau de Parfum.
Why aren’t the fragrances exact copies of your bath and body scents?
Our Eau de Parfum are fine fragrance interpretations of our most popular scents. Tocca’s perfumers have re-interpreted Cleopatra, Stella, Florence and Touch to create a breathtaking family of unique fine fragrances. Combining elements from our classic scents with unexpected yet complementary notes, our Eau de Parfum are beautifully unique and yet quintessentially Tocca.
Can you layer the Eau de Parfum with the matching bath and body lotion/soap/wash?
Yes, although the scents are not the same as those in the fine fragrances, the Bath & Body products all leave a subtle fragrance that leaves a great foundation for the fine fragrance.
What are the notes in your fragrances?
Cleopatra: Inspired by the Mediterranean seductress, Tocca’s Cleopatra eau de parfum captivates the senses. Fresh and sparkling grapefruit and lush greens fade into accords of sensual white jasmine and tuberose, leaving an exotic, rich dry down of warm patchouli, golden amber and rich vanilla musk.
- Top note: Sparkling Grapefruit, Lush Greens, Cassis Bud
- Middle note: White Jasmine, Peach Nectar, Tuberose
- Bottom note: Warm Patchouli, Golden Amber, Rich Vanilla Musk
Florence: Florence is an alluring combination of Italian bergamot and crushed violet petals. Blue iris and bottom notes of blonde wood add a sophisticated and feminine scent that’s reminiscent of old-world Paris.
- Top note: Italian Bergamot, Grapefruit Leaves
- Middle note: Blue Iris, Crushed Violet Petals
- Bottom note: Blonde Wood, Skin Musks
Stella: As impetuous and moody as a rebellious young Italian beauty, Stella attracts your senses with blood orange and spicy lily. A flirtatious combination of white freesia paired with wild diamond orchids and sheer musk and sandalwood create a fresh, sensual fragrance.
- Top note: Bitter orange, Blood orange, Watery Accord
- Middle note: White freesia, Wild Diamond Orchids, Spicy Lily
- Bottom note: Sheer Musk, Sandalwood
BATH & BODY COLLECTION
Do your Bath & Body products contain essential oils?
Our Bath & Body line does not contain essential oils. We use fragrance oils, which we find work best with the Natural ingredients that are present in each formula.
Do you have any products that contain Natural ingredients?
Our entire Bath & Body Collection utilizes Natural ingredients. The Sapone ingredients include kukui nut oil and blue-green algae extract while the Crema da Corpo has sweet almond oil, oat kernel extract, honey and shea butter. The Crema da Sogno is rich with cocoa butter & shea butter while the Bagno Profumato contains honey and Italian olive oil. TOCCA Beauty’s most recent launch is the Esfoliante da Corpo. This moisturizing body scrub contains grounded olive granules, grape seed oil and safflower oil.
Is your Body Scrub (Esfoliante da Corpo) sugar- or salt-based?
What is the average shelf life of your Bath & Body products?
It is best to use product within 18 months after opening.
I love the scents from your Laundry line. Can I wash things other than cashmere and lingerie with it?
Definitely. Many use our fragrant laundry washes to wash bed linens, silks, bathing suits and even every day clothing items.
Can I use the Laundry wash in the washing machine?
Yes, we suggest adding 4-5 capfuls to the desired cycle. For hand washing we suggest adding 1-2 capfuls to a sink full of water and soak. If you have a larger load, more capfuls may be needed.